If you don’t find your question here, or the answer doesn’t cover what you need, please call us at (360) 748-9911 and we would be happy to assist you.
1) How many rooms does the facility have?
The facility has a total of 62 apartments. Each apartment has a private bathroom equipped with handicap accessible shower, a call system in each living and bathroom area, individual heating and air conditioning units, kitchenettes with microwave and refrigerator, cable, Wi-Fi, and telephone access.
2) What happens if the resident’s money runs out?
A resident may apply for Medicaid benefits with DSHS. If the resident is living in a non-Medicaid apartment, Chehalis West will assist the resident in moving into a Medicaid approved apartment when available.
3) What is included with the rent?
- The basic fee includes three meals each day, utilities, activities and recreational outings, housekeeping, laundry, and minimal personal care services (i.e., bathing and medication assistance).
- Basic cable is available in each unit and included in the monthly rate.
- Telephone service is the responsibility of the resident. Medicaid residents are eligible for a reduced rate from the DSHS telephone assistance program.
4) What types of assistance do you provide?
Personal care services such as bathing and dressing, laundry and housekeeping, medication assistance, and basic nursing services. Please contact us for further questions regarding the assistance programs offered.
5) What is the cost per level of care?
Please call us for special rates.
6) Do you provide furniture or do residents bring their own?
It is always best if a resident brings their own personal furnishings in order to make their apartment feel like home. If necessary, we can provide basic items depending on the needs.
7) What types of activities do you provide?
Residents at Chehalis West enjoy a variety of activities and outings. Scheduled events are planned each day and include Coffee and News Hour, Fitness Programs, Card Playing, Bingo, Bowling, etc. Our facility van is also used for shopping trips and special community events. Musical entertainers and spiritual groups of various faiths are also scheduled throughout the month. Check our EVENTS page for a current activity calendar.
8) How full are you now?
At this time we are at 95%
9) Can a resident have their personal car?
Yes. A resident’s personal car is permitted provided the resident is capable of driving safely, has a valid driver’s license, and proof of insurance.
10) Do you take residents to appointments?
Chehalis West staff will assist residents and/or families with making arrangements for appointments. Lewis County Senior Transportation or City Transit is available if needed.